ABOUT THE EVENT:
Cinco de Mayo race is now the coolest Spring race in town, if we do
say so ourselves! Come on out and enjoy a locally produced race with
three great distances to choose from, with the half marathon running
through NW Portland and along beautiful Barbur Blvd as well as the parks
along Terwilliger Blvd. Participants get tasty beer from Lagunitas, great food from
Pepino's restaurant and live mariachi music at the after race party,
all included in registration!
THERE IS A 3 1/2 HR LIMIT ON THE 1/2 MARATHON.
THERE ARE FINISHER MEDALS FOR ALL HALF MARATHON FINISHERS.
PIONEER COURTHOUSE SQUARE
6:30AM "DOORS OPEN"
7:45AM HALF MARATHON *3 1/2 hour time limit. No exceptions!
8:20AM 10K RUN / WALK
9:10AM 5K RUN / WALK
8:30AM KIDS' HALF MILER
IN-STORE AT THE NE FOOT TRAFFIC:
Friday, May 3rd 11am-7pm
Saturday May 4th 10am-3pm
DAY OF RACE AT THE EVENT: Starting at 6:30am
* We strongly recommend you attend the In-storet pick-up; lines on raceday can be long. We allow and encourage you to have friends or family members pick up your packet for you if you cannot attend the in-store packet pickup. Please make sure that if you pick up someone else's packet, they know you did so.
ABOUT Candlelighters For Children with Cancer:
Candlelighters For Children With Cancer is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide support, education, advocacy and hope to all children and their families affected by childhood cancer in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Established in Oregon in 1977, Candlelighters prides itself in providing multi-faceted frontline support and services to families throughout the different stages of pediatric
cancer: initial diagnoses, treatment, post-treatment and even bereavement support. We are able to offer our members a wide array of free and effective support services because our board of directors and active volunteers represent the many faces of childhood cancer providing knowledge, experience and support to families in need. A few of our activities and services include:
- Monthly support group meetings for families and children
- Monthly catered meals for in-patients and families at Randall
(Emanuel) and Doernbecher Children’s Hospitals
- Summer family camp, Social activities, Tickets to area
- Bereavement support services
- Food pantry and Snack Cart at Randall and Doernbecher Children’s
- Emergency financial support
Make sure you read
the info below before you go to the registration
THE LINKS BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE SUBJECT.
AM I REGISTERED?
THE KIDS EVENT
HOW TO GET THERE / PARKING / TRANSPORTATION
AFTER RACE PARTY / LIVE MUSIC / FOOD / BEVERAGE
CHECK BIKE VALET AT THE EVENT
/ PETS IN THE EVENT
STROLLERS IN THE EVENT
/ MP3 PLAYERS
TIMING / RESULTS
/ AWARD CEREMONY