ABOUT THE EVENT:
the Cinco de Mayo race is starting on its second decade! The race prides itself on being locally produced and affordable for everyone and we hope you will come check it out. You can choose from three great distances, a half marathon, 10k or 5k! All race participants receive two ice cold beers from Lagunitas, tasty food from
Pepino's restaurant, live mariachi music and much more at this super-fun spring tradition!
There are beautiful custom medals for all half-marathon finishers!
PIONEER COURTHOUSE SQUARE
6:30AM "DOORS OPEN"
7:45AM HALF MARATHON *15 min/mile pace time limit. No exceptions!
8:20AM 10K RUN / WALK
9:00AM 5K RUN / WALK
8:30AM KIDS' HALF MILER
IN-STORE AT THE NE FOOT TRAFFIC:
Friday, May 2nd 11am-7pm
Saturday, May 3rd 10am-3pm
DAY OF RACE AT THE EVENT: Starting at 6:30am
* We strongly recommend you attend the in-store packet pick-up; lines on race day can be long. We allow and encourage you to have friends or family members pick up your packet for you if you cannot attend the in-store packet pickup. Please make sure that if you pick up someone else's packet, they know you did so.
You can verify your registration and make changes online! Click here to make changes (up until 2 weeks before the event). Please note that we do not offer refunds or transfers to another person.
MORE RACE INFORMATION
Find out more about: kids event, directions, clothing check, pets in the event, jogging strollers, MP3 players, race timing / results, awards and ceremony, the after race party by clicking the link above.
ABOUT Candlelighters For Children with Cancer:
Candlelighters For Children With Cancer is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide support, education, advocacy and hope to all children and their families affected by childhood cancer in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Established in Oregon in 1977, Candlelighters prides itself in providing multi-faceted frontline support and services to families throughout the different stages of pediatric
cancer: initial diagnoses, treatment, post-treatment and even bereavement support. We are able to offer our members a wide array of free and effective support services because our board of directors and active volunteers represent the many faces of childhood cancer providing knowledge, experience and support to families in need. A few of our activities and services include:
- Monthly support group meetings for families and children
- Monthly catered meals for in-patients and families at Randall
(Emanuel) and Doernbecher Children’s Hospitals
- Summer family camp, Social activities, Tickets to area
- Bereavement support services
- Food pantry and Snack Cart at Randall and Doernbecher Children’s
- Emergency financial support